A Full dossier about the Rwenzururu Veterans has today leaked to the Rwenzori Times. According to the trusted sources this will be another twist in Peace building. The following dossier is a draft of the already attached photos……
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE RWENZURURU VETERANS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCITION EXECUTIVE MEMBERS.
RE: REFUTING AND CURSING THE PEDDLED LIES AGAINST US IN LINE WITH WHAT HAPPENED DURING OUR MEETING WITH THE PRESIDENT ON THE 08/01/2017.
RECALLING the unfortunate events that took place in Rwenzori and specifically Kasese and Karangura in Kabarole District prior and or on 27th day of November 2016 in which very many lives and property was lost;
WHEREAS we met the President of the Republic of Uganda at his home in Rwakitura and subsequently met him at statehouse in Entebbe on the 2nd and 6th days of January 2017;
AND whereas it’s true that we the members of the Rwenzururu Veterans Development Association together with the Royal Family signed a document before the President of the Republic of Uganda;
UNDERSTANDING the need to have long lasting peace in the Rwenzori sub region;
RESPECTING the cultural heritage of the Bayira both in Uganda and Congo;
REALISING and recognizing the irregularities, misnomers and Misrepresentation in the document that was signed on the 8th January 2017;
WISHING to set the record straight about the controversial document that was signed on the 8th January, 2017;
We hereby declare as follows;
1. That the Restlessness in Rwenzori is and has been real with lots of uncertainties and that we desire to have long lasting peace in the Rwenzori Region.
2. That our meeting with the President of the Republic of Uganda was brokered by Christine Mugara after a series of threats that we were wanted people hence the need to clear the air before the President of the Republic of Uganda.
3. That our visit to the President of the Republic of Uganda was solely meant to clear the air about the various accusations and falsehoods that had been peddled against the Rwenzururu Veterans Development Association but not seeking for any apology of any sort or in any form.
4. That we held a joint meeting with the Royal family before the President of the Republic of Uganda where we were abused, undermined, humiliated and seriously threatened by the Members of the Royal Family.
5. That the Members of the Royal Family solely accused us of all sorts of ills before the President of the Republic of Uganda and claimed/accused us that we are the people behind the current confusion including passing onto the King ill advice.
6. That we narrated our brutal History to the President of the Republic of Uganda and pointed out the causes of the current insurgencies which range from social, economic and political factors.
7. That in specific response to clause (2) of the document that we signed on the 8th January 2017, we highlighted the Yiira Republic issue and explained how it’s an old notion that was brought by Isaya Mukiranie in 1962 and had been long abandoned and was changed into a cultural Institution when His Majesty decided to lay down arms as he was returning from the mountains in 1982.
8. That the Unfortunate attacks on the military and security installations are not our own making but rather something raising out of society discomfort arising out of lack of service delivery to the people of the region as Citizens.
9. That there was no such admission as to have had played any role in the 5th July 2014 attacks that shook and took the entire Rwenzori sub region by surprise.
10. That we understand that criminal liability is individual and therefore we have no capacity whatsoever or otherwise to purport to be making an apology on behalf of the Bayiira/Banande community both in Uganda and Congo.
11. That we asked the President of the Republic of Uganda to free the King something that specifically the Chief Prince (Christopher Kibanzanga), Prince William and Nyamukama (Christine Mukirinia) refused and argued the President should let the law take its course.
12. That it was after his bitter utterances that the President of the Republic of Uganda demanded that we put whatever we had discussed in writing and append our signatures on the same.
13. That the President Ordered the Minister for Agriculture who also doubles as the Chief Prince to liase with the Attorney General to draft the document and incorporate two of the members of the Rwenzururu Veterans Development Association.
14. That the Chief Prince (Christopher Kibanzanga) took it upon himself to draft the document with the Government Attorney General excluding us against the Presidents’ orders.
15. That specifically in response to clause (8) of the document that was signed on the 8th of January 2017, the Omusinga w’OBusinga Bwa Rwenzururu was arrested on the 27th of November 2016 and since then we have never seen him and hence he would not be available to support us in what we discussed the President.
16. That the contents of the document that was signed on the 8th day of January 2017 does not in any way reflect what we agreed or discussed in totality with the President of the Republic of Uganda.
17. That the President of the Republic of Uganda advised on the true contents and ordered for corrections of the document before we could append our signatures.(specifically paragraphs 4 on page one that refers to owning up and regretting all the killings in Rwenzori sub region both the 27th November 2016 and prior, we have never been involved in such and such was not in our discussions with the president).
18. That the Chief Prince (Christopher Kibanzanga) and his fellow draftsmen never effected the order to rectify and he vehemently refused the proposed corrections for intentions well known to him before the President of the Republic of Uganda.
19. That the said document was drafted for our signing against our joint advice with the President of the Republic of Uganda to redraft and rectify it since it did not reflect what we had discussed in our meeting.
20. That the signing of the said document was done late in the evening and in a hurry upon belief that it had been duly corrected as jointly Ordered by the President of the Republic of Uganda and us, only to find out after signing that the Chief Prince (Christopher Kibanzanga) and his fellow draftsperson had not rectified the document for intentions well known to himself.
21. That due to the purported hurry said document was not re-read to us the second time to establish whether the corrections had been effected as per the Presidents’ orders.
22. That we never owned up or/and admitted any attacks but rather acknowledged that such unfortunately acts happened in our Kingdom.
23. That since time immemorial the Obusinga Bwa Rwenzururu subjects are law abiding citizens of Uganda.
24. That we told the President of the Republic of Uganda that continuous arrests will not solve anything but rather sensitization of the masses about peace is the core to ensure that we attain stability in the Rwenzori sub region.
25. That its true that we made a request to the President to ensure that the King and all his co-accused are released to set the pace for stable peace talks and long lasting solutions to the challenges that have for long befallen the Obusinga Bwa Rwenzururu establishment.
26. That it is true that we asked the President to devise means on how to help the families of the victims of the insurgencies.
In conclusion our discussions with the President we were aiming at ensuring that Peace Prevails in the Kingdom and his subjects. Whoever distorted and is distorting whatever we discussed with the President has his own intentions which will soon be brought to the lime light.
Should he continue with such, we shall seek legal means to handle him to answer to the entire people of the Rwenzori.
HABWA KAYINGO N’OBUSINGA BWETHU.
Hon. Mulima Yolamu
Dated this………day of ………………2017.