Dear Friends of Bududa,
You are receiving this email because you have contributed or expressed interest in supporting the People of Bududa. Hope you are all having a great day and end of the week!
This is a quick update to let you how the #TweepsHelpBududa Campaign is coming.
- Evelyn, Maureen and I had a meeting with Uganda Red Cross Society at their country offices on Thursday at 11Am. We met with Mr. Ken Kiggundu – the Director, Disaster Management. He said that he was very happy to see more local efforts to help and support the people of Bududa and promised that Uganda Red Cross will be happy to partner with us.
- On immediate Items needed in Bududa right now the Director, Disaster Management mentioned Food, Clothes and Beddings (including Mosquito Nets), other utensils like cups, plates and basins.
- As you may have gathered we setup the Mobile Money Number – 0773 551 516 : Please share the number for those who want to send in donations via mobile money.
- Collection Points: We have two points for now – The Hub Kampala (located in Kamwokya near Kira Road Police) contact Evelyn. And another collection point is Sports View Hotel (located in Bweyogerere)
- This (Friday) morning Maureen, Evelyn, Ronald and I met with Justin (of Reuters) who did a video about the work we are doing. This is likely to come out through major media houses like BBC, CNN, Aljazeera extra.
- We have set up a page on UgandaSpeaks website with the writeup about #TweepsHelpBududa with all the General information. Also featured on the Home page ofwww.ugandaspeaks.com
You can continue to track all the donations coming in by taking a look at this Spreadsheet CLICK HERE:
For those who want to make pledges through an online form CLICK HERE
Many thanks for your continued support to this cause. We really appreciate your support.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD OR SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH YOUR NETWORKS WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE CAUSE.
PS: Most of you have received this email as a BCC because I don’t want you to be victims of spam email. Therefore I am keeping your email addresses hidden from everybody on this list! I hope that fine with you. 🙂