SUMMARY OF PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS ON COVID-19. 18th.06.2021
- All cross board boundaries and inter district movement of public transport and private transportation is banned for 42 days.
- All cargo tracks are allowed to move by day and by night but must carry only the driver
2.Vehicles are allowed to move only by referrals, cleared by the LC. (patients only) public or private, health center. Passengers vehicles are banned. Boda bodas can carry patients
- Boda boda to carry only cargo not passengers. Passengers are to stay home.
- MoGLSD is directed to quickly assess the valunerable group
- MOH and KCCA to ensure that people who need care is taken care of…RDCs to take care of the district level for patient evacuations
6.Essential works vehicles are cleared to travel ( doctors, nurses, details of other essential workers will be worked on by the Rt. Hon prime Minister)
- Registered tourist vehicles is cleared to transport tourists
- Curfew is from 7pm to 5:30am
- Boda boads to stop operating at 6pm
10.All institutions of learning remains closed for 42 days.
- MoH encouraged to strengthen the Village Health Teams for easy referrals and identification( bicycles could be given to them)
- Local government Ministry is directed to support the District task forces
- Entebbe international Airport remains open with more measures taken
14.Carge truck drivers to be tested at the boarders and allowed to continue with the journey.
- MoWT to reactivate parking points
- Food market vendors must stay at the places of work ( directed to stay at their places of work without going home like in March 2020) MOH directed to provide nets to the vendors. )Sharing of room is banned)
- Kikubo trading areas banned ( no attraction of crowds).
- Burials to be restricted to core family members ( not more than 20 people)
- Bars , disco halls are banned ( URA and sister agencies to work hand in hand to seal off bars)
- 10% of worker to be enforced in none core work places
- Factories should remain open( workers to sleep at the work places)
- Places of worship remains suspended for 42 days.
- Sectors to continue working;
Agriculture , industry, cargo transportation, health and medical services, utilities, retail shops, army, police
- VHTs directed to increase awareness and linkages
- All district tasks force should galvanized their efforts.
- second consignment of #nCOVID19 vaccines should be prioritized for people who had not yet received their second dose. More procurement of vaccines are underway
- The country has two lines of treatment, its still undergoing different phases of vaccine development (study undergoing)